Summer and winter holiday in South Tyrol
A holiday in Nova Levante (1,182 m) is worthwhile in summer and winter. Surrounded by alpine meadows and high valleys, the 50.84 km² large mountain village with 1,909 inhabitants lies at an altitude of between 850 m (Birchabruck) and 2,842 m (Catinaccio). The wide area around Lake Carezza stretches to the mountain mass of Catinaccio, Latemar and Passo di Costalunga. The touristic and topographic spectrum makes a holiday in Nova Levante particularly attractive. Numerous types of accommodation and shops make this village located about 20 minutes from Bolzano by car your ideal holiday destination.
Nova Levante in summer
- Lake Carezza with its deep green, crystal-clear water is known to be one of the Alps’ most beautiful mountain lakes, with reflections of Catinaccio and Latemar in the evening or early morning.
- The traditional King Laurin “Schupfen hike” takes place on the alpine meadows in mid September. Hike to numerous alpine huts, called “Schupfen”, between Catinaccio and Latemar. Food, beverages and music are provided at the huts.
- An extraordinary natural spectacle at sunset: the Catinaccio alpenglow.
- Hiking enthusiasts can look forward to 116 km of hiking trails, climbing routes and fixed rope routes.
Nova Levante in winter
- Perfect for your winter holiday: Skiing in family-friendly, sunny Carezza ski resort in King Laurin’s empire.
- The new Nova Levante cable car brings you directly and comfortably from the village centre to Carezza ski resort. Return from the Kölner hut to the centre of Nova Levante on the 7.6 km long downhill slope.